Thursday, August 30, 2012


         Over the years humanity has gone places nobody thought was possible, we have learned the internet and technology and learned how to use it to our advantage, but as seen in “A Vision of Students Today” that could either be a good thing or bad thing. In the video “A Vision of Students Today” it shows what young adults from Kansas University really use their electronics for. Many of the students don’t use their computer, Ipads, cell phones, etc. for studying. The young adults in this video spend hundreds of dollars for books. Most of the very expensive books they won’t open more than once, and if not used than the money is just wasted. So the smart idea would just to use the internet, correct? Well with all the distractions you have on the internet it seems as if you won’t get any work done anyway. What could we as the people of the future do to succeed as smart talented individuals, because what we have been doing hasn’t been working for many people apparently.

         Through the video I realized that technology for school doesn’t always work as expected. People don’t use the internet for the proper use for school, instead people choose to check facebook and twitter and all the messaging sites. I think that the best way to learn is the old fashion chalk board way with occasionally the use of a computer. By doing that I think that the people will keep on task better and not get as easily distracted. For the expensive book issue I think that buying the books would be better and worth it, I think it would be better because there is less distraction. Sure the books are pricy but that’s why you are going to college, to pay for an education. To be honest I think that people should only use their computer at home so they can do what they want there on their own time and focus on getting their education. Why would you want to waist the thousands of dollars just to not show up for what you paid for?    

No comments:

Post a Comment